Frequently Asked Questions regarding Admission Procedure
- When does the admission procedure start?
The admission procedure begins during first week of February every year.
- When is the entrance test for Admissions?
Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED) is held on 1st Saturday of May every year..
- Is SEED exam compulsory for Admission to B. Des Programme?
Yes, SEED is compulsory for admission as first aptitude test for short-listing to next phase of selection.
- Which is the website for the SEED registration
Website for SEED registration is www.set-test.org
- Is SEED similar to the entrance test of other Design Institutes?
No. SID has its own syllabus and format of entrance test.
- What will be the admission procedure?
Following the procedure for Admissions:
- Register online for SEED and for SID together at www.set-test.org Registration charges are Rs. 2750//- (Rs. 1750/- for SEED and Rs. 1000/- for SID). Registration to both, SEED & SID is essential for shortlisting after SEED results.
- Appear for SEED in May on designated date.
- Result of SEED for Design will be put up on SEED website as per the schedule. After the result is declared candidate would be shortlisted on the basis of Merit for next phase i.e. Studio Test and Personal Interaction (STPI).
- STPI will be conducted at SID, Pune campus only.
- Merit List would be declared based on cumulative performance in SEED, Studio Test and Personal Interaction.
- What is the fee for the SEED registration?
Amount to be paid at the time of SEED registration fee is Rs. 2750/- (Rs. 1750/- for SEED and Rs. 1000/- for SID)..
- Can I register for the SEED exam offline?
NO!. Only ONLINE registration is available.
- Can I apply for more than two exams? (General (SET)/Design (SEED) /Engineering (SITEEE) etc)?
Symbiosis Entrance Test is conducted in two sessions, Morning and Afternoon on the same day. For morning session you may choose any one test out of Law and Design and for afternoon session any one test out of General, Engineering and Health Sciences. So you can appear for only two tests, one in the morning session and second in the afternoon session.
- Which are the different centers for Test?
SEED will be conducted in an online mode across 80 cities all over India. A candidate may choose three preferences of test cities. The center and its address will be informed to the candidate through the Admit Card.
- How I can pay for the Registration fees? (online /offline)?
The candidate may pay through –
1) Billdesk Payment Gateway
2) Easebuzz Payment Gateway
3) Indian Bank Payment Gateway
4) Demand Draft.
The entrance test registration fee for SET- General / SLAT / SEED is Rs. 1750/- (non-refundable and non-transferable).
In addition to that you are also expected to pay the programme registration fee of Rs. 1000/- for each programme (non-refundable and non-transferable).
The entrance test fee for SITEEE is Rs. 2000/- (non-refundable and non-transferable). The same includes the programme registration fee of the programme offered by Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT).
If you wish to take a test in the morning as well as afternoon session you will have to pay the entrance test registration fee for both session.
PAYMENT THROUGH DEMAND DRAFT:
Submit a Demand Draft (DD) from any Nationalized Bank in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
Choose the mode of Payment as 'DD Payment' in "Make Payment" Tab. Take a print of the payment advice form, fill in the DD Details, sign and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at:
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
The Symbiosis Test Secretariat will authenticate the details of Demand Draft and will send you an email confirming the payment. Only after the realisation of payment, would you be able to view your Admit Card.
IMPORTANT: SET / SLAT / SEED / SITEEE 2019 fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
1. Please note that Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not be responsible for non-delivery or any delay on the part of courier / postal services.
2. It is also mandatory to pay the programme registration fee for the desired programme(s) offered by a particular Institute before the closing date of registration of the concerned programme(s). The programme registration fee must be paid through the website (set-test.org) only.
3. For disputes between the candidate and the Symbiosis Test Secretariat, the candidate should first send an Email to
with details about his/her grievance. If the candidate is not satisfied with the decision of the Registrar, he/she can appeal to the Ombudsman of the University. Information regarding the same is available in https://siu.edu.in/student-affairs.php. All dispute between the candidate and STS in this regard are subject to the legal jurisdiction of Pune.
4. SET/SLAT/SEED/SITEEE 2020 Score will be valid only for admission to select programmes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) for the academic year of 2020-21.
5. Admission to the select programmes at SIU are strictly based on merit, assessment of individual performance in the respective Entrance Test for Undergraduate Studies and other processes prescribed by the University.
(Note: - SET / SLAT / SITEEE / SEED Result will be declared on 12 May 2020 on www.set-test.org and will be available up to 12 June 2020).
PROCEDURE OF PROGRAMME PAYMENT
A candidate desirous of applying to undergraduate programme(s), is also required to pay the programme registration fee for the desired programme(s) before the closing date of registration of the concerned programme(s). The programme registration fee must be paid through the website (set-test.org) only. A candidate is required to make separate non-refundable payment of Rs.1000/- per programme per Institute at this stage.
If a candidate wants to pay the programme registration fee through Demand Draft, s/he should send a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- for each programme in the name of Symbiosis Test Secretariat.
- Is the elementary drawing exam mandatory for appearing for SEED?
Elementary drawing exam is not mandatory for appearing for SEED.
- What will be the entrance exam based on?
Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED) is an aptitude test in Design for maximum 150 marks having all Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- What is the syllabus for the SEED Aptitude Test?
You will find the syllabus at https://sid.edu.in/bdes-admission/seed.html.
- Are there any reference books or coaching classes available for entrance test?
There are no reference books especially for entrance test preparations. SID does not have any knowledge regarding preparatory coaching classes. A sample question paper is available on institute's website at https://sid.edu.in/bdes-admission/seed.html.
- If foundation programme / diploma is done from some other institute can one get direct admission to second year at SID?
We don't have provision for direct admission to second year.
- What is the admission procedure for International students?
Symbiosis has a separate International Students cell that looks after international students admissions.
Office contact details are:
The International Office
Senapati Bapat Road
Pune 411 004. Maharashtra, India.
Tel: +91 20 - 25671905
Fax: + 91 - 20 – 25659209
Frequently Asked Questions regarding B. Des Programme and Specializations
- Is this a Degree programme? What is the duration?
Bachelor of Design is a 4 year long full time degree programme.
- Is this degree recognized out of India?
B. Des degree is awarded by Symbiosis International (Deemed University), which is established under Section 3 of UGC act 1956 by notification No. F.9-12/2001-U3 Government of India and hence it is a recognized degree worldwide.
- What are the disciplines and specializations offered under B. Des programme?
SID offers four disciplines and eight specializations as given below:
- Communication Design:
- Graphic Design
- User Experience Design
- Animation Film Design
- Video Film Design
- Industrial Design:
- Product Design
- Interior Space Design
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Communication
- Is this degree recognized by UGC / AICTE?
B. Des programme and degree is recognized by UGC and the degree nomenclature is included in Section 22 of UGC.
- Is there any PG course offered by SID?
SID presently offers only UG programmes in design.
- Do SID offer any short term / distance courses?
There is no short term / distance course offered by SID. SID offers only full time degree programmes.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Eligibility of programmes
- Is there any age limit for taking admission to SID?
There is no age limit for taking admission to SID.
- What are the eligibility criteria?
A candidate must have passed 10+2 (any stream; eg. Science, Commerce, Arts, etc.) or equivalent OR 10+3 diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education with minimum 50% aggregate marks obtained in the final examination to be eligible for the above-mentioned program.
A candidate appearing for the final examination of 10+2 grade or 10+3 Diploma program may also apply provided the results of the examination should have been declared by June of the admission year or prior to be eligible for the above mentioned program.
- Is it necessary to have 10+2 studies in science stream for Industrial Design?
Candidate from any stream at 10+2 can apply for any specialization in design.
- Do you offer degree in interior design?
Yes. We are offering specialization in Interior Space Design under Industrial Design discipline since Batch 2013-17.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Accommodation/ Transportation/ Loan and other Facilities
- Is there a collaboration of Symbiosis for education loan with any bank?
Symbiosis has collaboration with Credila - An HDFC Ltd. Company for Student Educational Loan.
- Is the hostel facility available?
Yes, Symbiosis has hostel facility at Viman Nagar for Girls.
- What will be the annual programme fees?
The annual course fees for B. Des Batch 2019-23 is Rs. 3.78 lakhs for Academic Year 2019-20.
Security Deposit (Refundable): Rs. 15,000/-
Library Deposit (Refundable): Rs. 5,000/-
- Can I pay the fees in Installments?
Academic Fees can be paid in two installments.
- What is the hostel fee?
- Symbiosis Hostel A Wing (Sakore Nagar) (2 Sharing Regular Room): Rs. 1,69,750/-
- Symbiosis Hostel B Wing (Rohan Mithila) (3 Sharing Regular Room): Rs. 1,53,150/-
- Symbiosis Hostel C Wing (Rohan Mithila) (2 Sharing Regular Room): Rs. 1,81,000/-
- Symbiosis Hostel C Wing (Rohan Mithila) (3 Sharing Regular Room): Rs. 1,62,300/-
- Do you offer placement after B. Des?
Design is primarily leaned by doing and practicing. SID believes in imparting skills and thinking abilities to its students and build an impressive portfolio. Students are provided assistance to seek internship during final semester for degree project as well as for the placement based on rules and regulations for placement at SID.