||No. of Scholarship
||Percentage of Academic Fee
||Symbiosis Institute of Design
- Merit Scholarship in the UG programme will be awarded to the topper of semester I of the program. In the subsequent semesters, the scholarship would be based on academic excellence, a minimum GPA of 8.75 earned by the same student during the preceding semester.
- Only those students will be eligible for the award of Merit Scholarship who have cleared the courses prescribed for the respective programme up to the stage of award i.e. they should not have any backlog.
- The student who has been awarded merit scholarship by the University shall not be debarred from stipend or any financial assistance from any other source. However, if the student is awarded any stipend or financial assistance from any other source, he/she shall communicate the same through the Institute to the office of Student Affairs, SIU.
- There will be no income limit of the parents/guardians of the students for the grant of merit scholarship.
- In case a student is eligible for more than one scholarship/freeship by the University, he/she shall be awarded only one scholarship/freeship as per his/her preference.
- The award of merit scholarship for UG programmes shall be announced every year by the University.
- If a student declines or cancels his admission, the scholarship amount will not be awarded to any other student but will be refunded by the institute to the University.
- The scholarship amount will not be paid to a student. It will be transferred by the University directly to the Institute for the adjustment in academic fee. The cheque of the scholarship amount will be given to the student for the last semester of the program.
- If two or more than two students have the same GPA/CGPA score, then the weighted average of academic score of 10th and 12th shall be considered for breaking the tie for scholarship for the semester I.
- If a recipient of merit scholarship is found guilty of gross misconduct his/her case after due warning shall be reported by the institute to the office of student affairs for withdrawal of merit scholarship.
- The final decision in this regard will be taken by the Advisory Committee of Symbiosis Society Foundation.
Jayatee Deshmukh Scholarship (UG)
Eligibility and selection
- The scholarship will be given to a girl student who scores the highest in the SET examination and is admitted to any under-graduate institute of Symbiosis International University.
- A scholarship amount of Rs.25, 000/- would be paid to the institute where the student gets admission and the amount would be adjusted against first installment of fee.
- The student would be awarded only one scholarship/freeship if she is deemed fit for more than one. The preference of the student is considered in such a case.
University Sports Scholarship
University sports Scholarships are awarded to athletes committed to combining their sport and education. The program represents a unique partnership between sports and education. It aims to reduce the drop-out rate of talented athletes from sports by supporting and developing the talent of today from the sporting success of tomorrow.
University Sports Board has successfully launched the University Sports Scholarship. Five sports Scholarships of Rs.24000 /- each is been awarded to the outstanding sportsmen of SIU who has participated at Intervarsity /National/International or state level tournaments.
The list of achievements to date by University Sports Scholar is truly impressive. The majority have represented either Symbiosis University at National University Games or National games in their chosen sport, and some have already had considerable success at International level.