Ranking and Awards
- SID has been awarded with The Edutainment Awards 2016
- Ranked 4th in Design Institutes category across India
- Ranked 2nd (Silver) in Communication Design category
- Ranked 3rd (Bronze) in Fashion Design category
- Ranked 4th Best college for Fashion Design in the year 2015 by India Today-Nielsen Company
- Ranked 6th Best college for Fashion Design in the year 2014 by India Today-Nielsen Company
- Ranked 8th Best college for Fashion Design in the year 2014 by Education World
- Ranked 5th Best college for Fashion Design in the year 2012 by India Today-Nielsen Company
- Prof. Vijay Shah has been awarded PhD from Rastrasant Tukadoji Maharaj - Nagpur University on 18th Nov 2016 for Thesis entitled "Significance of Creativity in Visual Design".
- Professor Mahendra Patel has been awarded 'Lifetime Achievement Award' on 27 Feb 2016 at Typoday 2016 in Bangalore. He also won the Gutenberg Award for 2010 by The International Gutenberg Society, Germany.
- Prof. Shaunak Samvatsar Won the second prize for his cartoon Doli at the Cartoon Competition for World Water Day 2014.
- "CITADEL" Pune featured Prof. Saumya Bandyopadhyay in 'The expression of an Artist' in April 2016 issue. The article is about his journey as an Artist & Designer till his current job at Symbiosis Institute of Design. For details click here
- Prof. Niranjan Mhamane has been selected as one of the winners for 'Splash 18' renowned series of publications on watercolor by North Light Books, USA. For details click here
- Prof. Pranita Ranade's article on Portfolio Making was published in the issue of Creative Gaga magazine May/June 2016. For details click here